The Courtyards & Interior of Crosby Hall

Over 30 years, Dr. Christopher Moran has restored Crosby Hall to its former glory. Built in 1466 by Alderman Sir John Crosby in Bishopsgate, the Hall was moved in 1910 to Cheney Walk in the Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, along the River Thames.

Notable residents included Richard III, King Henry VIII’s Lord High Chancellor, Sir Thomas More, Sir Walter Raleigh, and Shakespeare’s Buckingham and Lady Anne (‘repair to Crosby Place…‘).

From saving the Great Hall’s crumbling Reigate stone from ruin, to assembling the world’s renowned Tudor scholars and craftsman for restoration, to furnishing throughout with carefully curated collections of 16th Century old master paintings, arms, armour, and original Tudor high-status furniture, Dr. Christopher Moran has devoted himself to returning Crosby Hall to London’s skyline for posterity.

(Below) A photo gallery provides a glimpse into the courtyards and interior of the architectural legacy English Heritage has dubbed “London’s Tudor palace,” “The most important surviving domestic Medieval building in London,” “Extraordinary.”

~

Posted on